You could make this salad/dip year round and you could used canned corn. However, when it is made fresh, when the ingredients are at their peak, in the middle of summer, this salad is incredible! Adjust the ingredients to your family’s tastes. I’m a wimp when it comes to heat, so I use a little less jalapeño and try to find sweet peppers. I’m not ashamed to admit, this has been our entire meal – more than once!
Summer in a Bowl
- 2 tomatoes diced
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 1 jalapeño finely diced, seeds removed
- 1 green, red, or yellow pepper diced
- 3 ears cooked sweet corn boiled or grilled then cut off the cob
- 1 Tbs cilantro finely chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 lime all the juice
- salt & pepper to taste
Squeeze half of the lime on the diced avocado.
Mix all ingredients in large bowl and squeeze the other half of lime over everything. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir and enjoy with tortilla chips or as a side salad!